Rating Thread Options
Carb counting android app?
Post: #1 Carb counting android app? , 06-24-2012 03:01 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

Does anyone have any recommendations for a carb-counting android app (with carbs and fiber so that I can get net carbs)? I guess it could count all the macronutrients. I'm just looking for something to track what I eat simply to make sure I'm on target.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
Post: #2 RE: Carb counting android app? , 06-25-2012 06:04 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

For anyone interested ...

I downloaded about 5 different apps yesterday to see how they would work. The one I settled on is from http://www.fatsecret.com. It has an online program that syncs immediately with my android, so I can enter either place. You can scan barcodes or search for ingredients. You can save meals and recipes. One of the cool options is that you can also choose from foods eaten recently. So if you have eggs and bacon today and you also had them yesterday or the day before, you can just check the box and they are added to today's food diary. You can choose four nutrients out of about ten that you want to track (and switch back and forth easily in both the desktop and phone options.) There's even a Net Carb option, so I track calories, fat, protein and net carbs, but could easily see sodium or fiber or whatever if I wanted to. And best of all, it's completely free Smile.
Post: #3 RE: Carb counting android app? , 06-25-2012 06:46 PM

Expert Low-Carber

I have a smartphone but not an android, but I may upgrade and will keep this in mind. Thanks for the link!
Post: #4 RE: Carb counting android app? , 06-25-2012 07:39 PM

Expert Low-Carber

Thanks from an android uses Big Grin

Wen
Not all carbs are created equal.

[Image: exercise.png]
Post: #5 RE: Carb counting android app? , 12-25-2012 09:00 PM

Junior Low-Carber

i have settled for fatsecret for now, it syncs with my android and i like the pie chart Smile
Post: #6 RE: Carb counting android app? , 01-01-2013 12:45 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

(06-24-2012 03:01 PM)fireballgirl Wrote:  Does anyone have any recommendations for a carb-counting android app (with carbs and fiber so that I can get net carbs)? I guess it could count all the macronutrients. I'm just looking for something to track what I eat simply to make sure I'm on target.

Thanks!

Atkins has an app for both Android and Iphone. It may be what you're looking for.

http://www.atkins.com/Free-Tools/Mobile-App.aspx
Post: #7 RE: Carb counting android app? , 01-26-2013 08:12 PM

Newbie Low-Carber

I just started using fatsecret. So far so good.
Post: #8 RE: Carb counting android app? , 01-27-2013 07:33 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

I have used fatsecret since my weight loss journey bagan back in 2009. You can also track your weight and to your goal. You can set your daily calorie goal also. Has worked great for me.