Rating Thread Options
Just for fun - Learn to Juggle
Post: #1 Just for fun - Learn to Juggle , 01-18-2012 09:59 PM

Expert Low-Carber

Quote this message in a reply
Post: #2 RE: Just for fun - Learn to Juggle , 01-28-2012 02:03 AM

Expert Low-Carber

Are you juggling? I had heard of the benefits years ago, but never tried it. Now, I think it looks interesting. I have a tiny little bit of paralysis on my left side left over from a brain hemorrhage that occurred 33 years ago, so juggling might not be possible. But it would be worth a try. Thanks for posting this.

Jane-who is very fortunate

Rolleyes
Post: #3 RE: Just for fun - Learn to Juggle , 02-14-2012 08:55 PM

Expert Low-Carber

(01-28-2012 02:03 AM)Gohim2JC Wrote:  Are you juggling? I had heard of the benefits years ago, but never tried it. Now, I think it looks interesting. I have a tiny little bit of paralysis on my left side left over from a brain hemorrhage that occurred 33 years ago, so juggling might not be possible. But it would be worth a try. Thanks for posting this.

I'm not quite there yet :-)

I've almost gone from 2 balls to 3 several times, but I can't keep it going yet. And just recently, I've been forgetting to try it, so must get back to it!

I'm not using 1lb balls like he talks about, but a bit lighter, and probably softer, which I think makes it a bit easier to start off with.

One secret (which he mentions, but I'll repeat) is not to look down at the catching hand. Start off with just one ball, and throw it up to above eye level and watch it as soon as it starts to fall down. Somehow the brain can work out where to catch the ball without your having to watch the catching hand. Just shows how clever our brains are.

When you get very confident with just one ball, move on to two. Some people say that's the most difficult bit, and going from 2 to 3 is less difficult...

One of my eyes is dodgy, so I don't have proper 3D vision, but even so, fortunately, I can catch a ball OK, which again, shows how adaptable our bodies can be.

If you try it, and I hope you do, have lots of fun!