Sugarfree Creme Brulee
2 cups of heavy cream (heat cream almost to boiling)
5 egg yolks slightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3-4 packets of Truvia (or your preferred form of Stevia, to taste)
1. Blend egg yolks and stevia in heavy sauce pan
2. Over low heat add hot cream to egg yolk mixture stirring constantly.
3. When mixture coats back of spoon, remove from heat and add vanilla
4. Place in individual ramekins or a large casserole dish. The deeper the dish the longer it needs to bake.
3. Place in water bath in oven and bake about 30 minutes at 350.
4. Remove and let cool completely.
5. Transfer and chill in the fridge overnight. It will set up better as it chills.
6. Before serving, sift a small amount of Stevia over brulee and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully to keep from burning.
recipe modified from website
This worked for me with the modifications. Everything I read about creme brulee and custards is that it is try try again. Let me know how it goes for you. Mine came out delicious although not with the hard crust I was hoping for.