Rating Thread Options
ginger tea to stop foot pain
Post: #1 ginger tea to stop foot pain , 01-09-2010 07:02 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

I have been using ginger tea to greatly reduce the pain in my feet. When I first found out I had diabetes, I was having pain on top of my foot and the bottom of my foot and two of my toes. At Thanksgiving I could hardly stand. I started drinking the tea and the pain was almost gone in 45 minutes Now, I only have pain if I forget to drink two cups of ginger tea a day.

Here is how I make it. I slice 4 to 5 slices of ginger root and smash it. I use 2-3 cups of water and boil it for 5 or so minutes. I strain it and pour it into a thermos and and drink it over the course of the day. I even take it with me in the car as a hot drink (it is freezing in Texas right now). You can drink as is, put a little sweetener, or a little cream in it.

I hope this helps others. It's an old remedy from my daughters country doctor when she was pregnant and was having leg pain.
Quote this message in a reply
Post: #2 RE: ginger tea to stop foot pain , 01-09-2010 07:04 PM

Ginger tea or ginger root capsules are also great for nausea. When I was taking Byetta I used ginger root capsules regularly.

Grace and peace,

moonius

[Image: faq645.jpg]

Perseverance + patience = progress

http://moonius.blogspot.com/
Post: #3 RE: ginger tea to stop foot pain , 01-09-2010 10:04 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

Sometimes things like ginger capsules seem to break open and I get indigestion. That is why I make ginger root tea.

How did the Byetta work for you? I was thinking about it but when I read all the possible complications, I decided to try to lower my bg with diet and exercise.
Post: #4 RE: ginger tea to stop foot pain , 01-10-2010 01:07 AM

(01-09-2010 10:04 PM)emsmom Wrote:  Sometimes things like ginger capsules seem to break open and I get indigestion. That is why I make ginger root tea.

How did the Byetta work for you? I was thinking about it but when I read all the possible complications, I decided to try to lower my bg with diet and exercise.

Byetta worked wonders keeping my blood sugar under control but it cost me over 250 dollars monthly. I really hoped it would curb my appetite. The first couple of days and it actually curbed my appetite but that's all. I only had nausea for the first week or two. I never did like injecting myself though!

Grace and peace,

moonius

[Image: faq645.jpg]

Perseverance + patience = progress

http://moonius.blogspot.com/
Post: #5 RE: ginger tea to stop foot pain , 01-10-2010 11:18 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

Moonius, have you been able to get off meds? That is my goal.