Rating Thread Options
Favorite low carb meal
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2009 10:02 PM by LindaSue.)

Advanced Low-Carber

Do you have a favorite meal--I need some ideas of things to cook! Thanks, Rhonda
Quote this message in a reply
Post: #2 RE: Who here has gotten to their goal weight on low carb?++ , 05-09-2009 07:57 PM

You are looking for favorite meals of people who have gotten to their goal weight on low carb? I don't understand. Seems your topic doesn't match your question. Wink

I'd give you mine...but I'm not sure you want it since I'm still a little fat. Wink
Post: #3 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-09-2009 10:42 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

Sorry--I might have gotten ahead of myself on my typing. I was tired and just got up from a long nap--so maybe I can word this better. I was just wanting to know who on the board had already gotten to their goal weight by doing low carb. That should have been question number 1. Second question for anyone and everyone--what is a favorite meal or something you keep on hand to fix often to keep from being hungry. I get so bored with the same things over and over for breakfast because I don't experiment. I tend to bore myself with what I eat. I have lost 54 lbs. in the past year and I still have a long way to go. Sorry for the confusion I caused in my question! I didn't get much sleep last night and I made a road trip today---so I am dragging!!! :>)
Post: #4 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-10-2009 01:08 AM

Advanced Low-Carber

Linda Sues recipe page is amazing for great recipes. I have a few favorite recipes. Scallops wrapped in bacon, LC lasagna made w/ zucchini or eggplant for the noodles. If you go to Fit Tv Blaine's Low carb Kitchen has alot of good recipes my favorite is his Stuffed Angel Food cake. I don't make the cream cheese frosting he makes I make stabilized whipping cream instead. If you google Chocolate Flax muffins those are awesome. We like pepperoni chips and using the pepperoni as a base for many snacks as well. We also love pork rinds w/ anything and everything. If you make pot roast and use turnips instead of potatoes and thicken the gravy w/ guar gum that's pretty yummy too. We like oven baked chicken w/ pork rinds and cream as the breading. Also meringues, especially sf chocolate chip ones. And if you get any of George Stella's cookbook you'll be really happy with his recipes. happy Cooking
Post: #5 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-10-2009 03:45 PM

Expert Low-Carber

I have sooo many favorite low carb meals. Today, being Mother's Day. I will have steak, collard greens and mashed cauliflower. I am considering breaking down an asking for a sgarfree root beer float for dessert. Hmmm, sounds good.
Post: #6 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-14-2009 01:41 AM

Advanced Low-Carber

(05-10-2009 03:45 PM)black57 Wrote:  I have sooo many favorite low carb meals. Today, being Mother's Day. I will have steak, collard greens and mashed cauliflower. I am considering breaking down an asking for a sgarfree root beer float for dessert. Hmmm, sounds good.

Thanks everyone!
Post: #7 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-20-2009 03:47 PM

Expert Low-Carber

(05-10-2009 01:08 AM)sillybulldog Wrote:  Linda Sues recipe page is amazing for great recipes. I have a few favorite recipes. Scallops wrapped in bacon, LC lasagna made w/ zucchini or eggplant for the noodles. If you go to Fit Tv Blaine's Low carb Kitchen has alot of good recipes my favorite is his Stuffed Angel Food cake. I don't make the cream cheese frosting he makes I make stabilized whipping cream instead. If you google Chocolate Flax muffins those are awesome. We like pepperoni chips and using the pepperoni as a base for many snacks as well. We also love pork rinds w/ anything and everything. If you make pot roast and use turnips instead of potatoes and thicken the gravy w/ guar gum that's pretty yummy too. We like oven baked chicken w/ pork rinds and cream as the breading. Also meringues, especially sf chocolate chip ones. And if you get any of George Stella's cookbook you'll be really happy with his recipes. happy Cooking

drool, drool, wiping mouth and chin on sweater....Big Grin
Post: #8 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-28-2009 11:11 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

[Image: DSCN1700.jpg]

My results on the oopise pizza

My carb count
2 carbs tomato sauce with galrlic , basil and oreagno
0 carbs pepperoni
4 carbs black olives
0 carbs mushrooms
0 carbs real bacon bits
7 carbs for the oopies pizza crust
4 carbs for 8oz pizza shreeded cheese

4.5 carbs for a 4th of the pizza and it fit the whole pizza pan and i could hold it like a piece of pizza and it was so so so good. YUM-MO

My step dad as picky as he is liked it so much going to make it on Sundays from now on

The web site i got it from
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

The crust:

3 large eggs
1 pkg Splenda
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese (not Tbsp!) Do not soften!

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.

The only think I did differently was that I added some Italian seasoning to the egg yolk mixture just before folding it into the egg whites. Once folding the yolk into the whites, I spread the mixture into well-greased (I used butter) full-sized pizza pan (I used an aluminum one), slightly patting the mixture down with a spatula just to ensure even coverage of the pan. My apologies, I didn't think to take a picture of it before I put it in the oven.

Stuck the "crust" into a preheated 300 degree oven and baked it for 20 minutes.

After removing the crust from the oven I stuck it in the fridge for approx 7 - 10 minutes to let it cool down before I added the tomato sauce. In hindsight I suppose you really don't have to cool it in the fridge. The crust really does hold up very well.

Now preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

After adding the tomato sauce and cheeses and all the other toppings I stuck the pizza back into the oven and increased the oven temperature to approx. 400 degrees and baked it for another 30 minutes or until the cheese started bubbling.

James aka Phoenix

My Low Carb Journal The New Phoenix
My Facebook
My Myspace
My Youtube Channel

[Image: weight.png]
Post: #9 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-28-2009 11:18 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

(05-20-2009 03:47 PM)Glittergal Wrote:  
(05-10-2009 01:08 AM)sillybulldog Wrote:  If you go to Fit Tv Blaine's Low carb Kitchen has alot of good recipes my

drool, drool, wiping mouth and chin on sweater....Big Grin

He airs on discovery Health channel on Fridays at 8am eastern and 8:30 am eastern was watching him until my step dad cut the channel off but I am glad he has some of his stuff online to watch and get recipes from. I never ventured in to actual cooking low carb meals after my pizza success i think i will try more.

James aka Phoenix

My Low Carb Journal The New Phoenix
My Facebook
My Myspace
My Youtube Channel

[Image: weight.png]
Post: #10 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-29-2009 12:43 AM

Advanced Low-Carber

I'm in love with chicken thighs and cauliflower rice. I always keep a bowl of raw chicken thighs and a big bucket of shredded cauliflower in the fridge. I shred 3 heads of cauliflower about once a week and keep it in an old gallon size ice cream bucket in the fridge... Ice cream for cauliflower... who says a low carb diet isn't healthy?! Anyway, when I need a meal I pan fry 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs in 1/2 T. coconut oil or butter and sprinkle it with salt, pepper and garlic powder. 5 minutes on each side. The I remove it from the pan and then add to the same pan 2 c. of the shredded cauliflower with another 1/2 T. of coconut oil or butter, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Stir fry that for another five minutes. Amazing... I could eat this for every meal. Smile
Post: #11 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-29-2009 12:25 PM

That sure is a pretty pizza, James. Way to go getting your step dad to eat low carb food but what's not to like???

My sites:
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
In the Kitchen with Linda Blog
Post: #12 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-31-2009 03:37 PM

Expert Low-Carber

I finally got the nerve to purchase some coconut flour. It was a while before I made anything with it but it was wonderful. I made Laura Dolson's rasberry coconut muffins. First off, I was hooked on coconut flour as soon as I opened the package and got a whiff of the flour. I am the world's worst baker. I like being able to just throw ingredients together in a pot and just cook them. I alsways mess up my baking projects because of that. But using coconut flour for the first time, encouraged me to be careful. I took my time and followed the instructions meticulously. The only thing I change was, the recipe called for raspberries or black berries. Well I added raspberries AND blackberries. I was so impressed with the results and the moistness of muffins. I even liked the way they came out of the muffin pan. I wonder if you can make a nice pie crust with coconut flour. I might be making a rhubarb pie soon.
Post: #13 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-31-2009 03:44 PM

Expert Low-Carber

All that typing and I still didn't post about my favorite meal. Hmmm, there are so many on this lifestyle. My favorite meal, is one that I can toss together in one baking dish, put it in the oven ( this would be great in a slow cooker ). I like putting a fatty pork roast in a dutch oven, top with bacon and/or butter and other seasonings such as lite salt, crushed red pepper, garlic etc. Then I smother that with collard greens and cook on low to moderate heat, until the meat is done. It is no work at all and the family enhales it. That is an idea taken from my southern cooking, roots. Another variation is ham, kale or turnip greens and black soy beans.
Post: #14 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 05-31-2009 03:53 PM

Expert Low-Carber

darkbloodsong, I made the pizza Friday and it was great. My whole family like it too! Thank you!!

My favorite LC meal... Hmmm steak fajita's (minus the tortillas) Mexican is by far my favorite food and cook it a couple times a week. I also made from Linda Sue's website her skillet enchilada dish and that was great too! (told ya, I'm a Mexican food fan!) Let me think....something non Mexican... Anything grilled with grilled asparagus. Mmmmmm!

Time+Perseverance=SUCCESS Keep on Keeping on!
Post: #15 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 06-06-2009 01:39 PM

Senior Low-Carber

We build a big fire at our cabin and make pepper and steak kabobs over the fire. NOTHING is a good as that !!!!!!!!!!!!! They are best when I have peppers from my garden to use !
Post: #16 RE: Favorite low carb meal , 06-07-2009 08:16 AM

Junior Low-Carber

My all time favorite is 2 hard boiled eggs, wrapped with bacon and a piece of cheese. Simple, filling, and highly portable. Another is a tuna and eggs omelet topped with salsa and a side of baby spinach with blue cheese dressing.