Rating Thread Options
Any new aches and pains since losing weight?
Post: #21 RE: Any new aches and pains since losing weight? , 12-06-2008 12:55 PM

Expert Low-Carber

That's the interesting thing with Abnormalslc and Sgsinger. A lob carb diet is one of the best ways to eliminate inflammation. Everybody feels better. Sinuses clear up, headaches, arthritis, heart disease and all the other symptoms you have mentioned.

So it's very interesting that similar pain has spontaneously appeared. Could be a coincidence, but it's worth exploring. There are a couple of explanations from an acupuncture point of view to begin to explain the pain, but nothing I can think of from the western. If it were both men, we would want to rule out prostrate problems, and Abnormalslc you may still want to get that checked out.

I would start by adding more magnesium to your supplements, start with about 400 mg and keep adding until your stools become soft. There is a very small chance the magnesium will aggravate the pain. If it does, don't take any more and drink a glass of milk, or eat some cheese for the calcium.

Keep us posted.

Mackay Rippey

Has your weight loss stalled because your body clock is out of sync?
Check out the Kung Fu Weight Loss Guide to Resetting Your Body Clock
Quote this message in a reply
Post: #22 RE: Any new aches and pains since losing weight? , 12-06-2008 11:53 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

I though it was just my tailbone! Seriously, for about the last 5 months or so, when I sit in my rocker and rock, my tailbone clicks! I like to sit with one leg tucked under me, sorta in a figure four and I rock with one foot. Well, the tailbone clicking is annoying, so I have to switch positions. I just attributed it to the fact there is less fat on my butt.

Paula

[Image: weight.png]
Post: #23 RE: Any new aches and pains since losing weight? , 12-07-2008 01:40 AM

Expert Low-Carber

LCMama, does it hurt also?

Mackay Rippey

Has your weight loss stalled because your body clock is out of sync?
Check out the Kung Fu Weight Loss Guide to Resetting Your Body Clock
Post: #24 RE: Any new aches and pains since losing weight? , 12-07-2008 10:05 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

It doesn't hurt, but it's annoying to feel that thing clicking between my butt cheeks LOL. If I wouldn't shift, I could see where it would be painful after a few minutes.

Paula

[Image: weight.png]
Post: #25 RE: Any new aches and pains since losing weight? , 12-08-2008 12:38 AM

Expert Low-Carber

My pains are a lot less but, I'm thinking that as we gain or lose weight, we adjust how we do things. For example, I always slept on my stomach but, as my stomach grew, I had to sleep in a more twisted fashion in order to accommodate my belly - much like a pregnant woman learns to adjust sleeping and/or sitting positions. I would think that as we lose weight and/or become fit, we may sit more upright or adjust much the same way (for positive reasons). These are just some examples. Not to mention, all around being more active. I can see where we may lose some aches and possibly even gain some by using muscles we haven't used in quite awhile.

As an LMP, I can tell you that chairs are horrible because they only make our back muscles dependant on support in the long run - at least for those of us who sit for most of our day. Scratch that - it doesn't take an LMP to enlighten anyone of that. If you have back pain - you know that all too well. Smile

~Danielle

~Danielle

"Never eat more than you can lift."
--Miss Piggy