Rating Thread Options
One Minute Muffin

Quote:snailspace Aug 11 2007, 11:10am

This is very similar to Lisa's One Minute Molten Chocolate Muffin. I found it on another forum, and apparently it came from yet another forum. This is a staple with a lot of low carbers.

The basic One Minute Muffin (or OMM)

1 tsp butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup flaxseed meal - I use Bob's Red Mill Golden Organic, it's absolutely the best out there. You can grind your own seeds, too.
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 pkt Splenda or to taste or any AS you prefer. I use FiberFit or liquid Splenda
1 egg

Mix well. You can do this directly in a lg tea cup. I use a GladWare or ZipLoc round container for mine. The plastic cleans easier. Nuke in the microwave oven for 1 minute. Put on a plate, eat plain, with butter, or sf jam.

Variations - oh, there are so many! Increase the fat a bit, add a tsp of cocoa powder and increase the sweetener. You'll have a nice lc chocolate treat. Sub peanut butter for the butter, and have a chocolate pnb muffin.

Use 2 Tbs flaxseed meal and 2 Tbs coconut flour, use coconut oil, and add a little coconut flavoring for a nice coconut muffin.

Use banana flavoring and some chopped nuts for a banana nut bread.

Cut back on the sweetener and slice the muffin across for a bun for burger or a sandwich.

Omit the sweetener and add some parmesan cheese and garlic powder.

Take any of these muffins sliced across in slices, brown in the broiler or toaster oven, and you'll have a crispy breakfast toast. Serve with butter or cream cheese.

Use 2 Tbs flaxseed meal and 2 Tbs corn bran (I get mine from Honeyville Grains), and you'll have faux cornbread. Great with lc chili!

If you want to add blueberries, you can add fresh, of course. If you use frozen, thaw them first. Otherwise you'll have to cook the muffin longer.

Oh, and you can add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves in any combination for a spice muffin.

My poor brain has just seized up, trying to think of more variations! I hope you try this. It's incredibly easy to make. If my husband can make them (he has one for breakfast nearly every morning), then ANYONE can make them.
Quote:MNLisaB Sep 22 2007, 5:56pm

I do this several times a week, and I add about 1 TBS chopped nuts and unsweetened coconut to the batter before I nuke. I have also experimented with using half almond meal/flour, half flax, or 3 TBS flax to 1 TBS almond meal.
Quote:dmmtexas Oct 23 2007, 8:53pm

Wow, I just made my first 1 minute muffin and I love it. It will be a nice change of pace from eggs for breakfast and will make a handy snack recipe.

My sites:
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
In the Kitchen with Linda Blog
Quote this message in a reply