Rating Thread Options
"Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread
Post: #1 "Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread , 12-31-2013 09:39 PM

Junior Low-Carber

So I bought the rye from this website, been dying for a good patty melt. Just had it and it was outstanding, good rye taste and toasted up really well in the skillet. Kinda rubbery when not toasted but I'm fine with that.

Does anyone know if this bread is any better about spiking blood sugar? Of course it states it doesn't and I don't have a way to test mine but I don't believe what they say anymore. I hope its ok because I really missed patty melts...

http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/diet-fo...-1162.html
Quote this message in a reply
Post: #2 RE: "Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread , 01-01-2014 04:28 AM

Junior Low-Carber

I've never tested my sugar, but I've used their products for years and never had an issue. I've found the company to be pretty awesome with customer service that is unmatched. I'm sure if you wanted additional information from them about their testing, they'd probably be willing to provide it. Good luck!
Post: #3 RE: "Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread , 01-07-2014 12:25 AM

Advanced Low-Carber

I also like this product line. Hopefully the carb claims are at least close to the claim made.

The Thinslim "Love The Taste" products are similar to if not identical to those sold by The Great Low Carb Bread Company, (http://www.shop.greatlowcarb.com/) a west coast company that may be more convenient for many than Linda's. Carb claims are the same as Thinslim. Ingredients are virtually identical so it may actually be made by the same baker. Netrition carries many items from this company.
Post: #4 RE: "Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread , 01-16-2014 04:06 PM

Junior Low-Carber

Good to know, this is the best lc bread i've had, way better than Jullians...which is what got me worried! I'm going easy on it and just using it as a treat once a week or so.
Post: #5 RE: "Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread , 01-17-2014 04:30 PM

Junior Low-Carber

I've purchased from the company behind the Thinslim brand for years (and I eat their products obsessively - really, in excess, but, hey..it fits my diet!). Their website says:
'That is why all of our permanent products are independently lab tested. If any products have not yet been fully lab tested, we will indicate this on the product page and clarify how the nutritional information has been generated.'
I'm not affiliated with them in any way (other than that I probably bankroll the company by purchasing so many of their products), but I've got no reason to believe that they'd market something dishonestly. They've invested too many years and too much in their brand. That's my take on it (and I haven't gained)..
Hope you try and enjoy some of their other stuff (love the chocolate muffins. and cookies, but the cookies I think of more as 'cakies')!
Post: #6 RE: "Love The Taste" ThinSlim Bread , 08-28-2014 09:54 PM

Junior Low-Carber

Unfortunately, they have wheat in them and that is definitely a no-no.