Rating Thread Options
Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake

Expert Low-Carber

I found another great recipe. This is credited to someone named Mary. Absolutely WONDERFUL. Quick, easy and scrumpdiddlyumtious.

Cooking Spray
8- oz cream cheese
1/4 lemon DaVInci SF syrup (or your favorite flavor)
1 egg
Almonds thinly sliced (optional)
Strawberries (optional)

Spray a 2 cup capacity microwave safe baking dish with cooking spray. If you desire, sprinkle the bottom of the dish with sliced almonds (I did!!)

Cut cream cheese into chunks iunto a separate microwave safe bowl and soften for about 30 seconds. Remove and stir well. Add syrup and egg, mix well and best with a wire whip until very smooht, romoving any lumps. Slowly pour mixture over the almonds into prepared dish. (I used 4 raemkins--I can't be trusted eyeballing a dish for portions on something like this).

Cook in microwave on high about 4-5 minuters or until well set. Remove and allow to cool in dish for 10-15 minutes, or until it begins to pull away from the edges of the dish. Invert onto a serving plate and place in the refrigerator to cool overnight or for several hours (righhhhhhhhttttttttt).

Top with berries if desired. She suggested 4. I'm gonna agree....LOL. (Actually, looked like one to me...but oh well...LMBO).

I didn't use the berries.

I used Torani SF white chocolate syrup.

OMGoodness. Quick, easy. scrumptious.

The possibilities are endless. Great for me since I cook for 1!!!!.

She had attached a picture and it was absolutely gourmet in appearance.

Thank you Mary!!!!

Dee

6 days CHEAT FREE!!!!! Big Grin
6 Days out of the handcuffs that bound me to the vending machine at work

The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.

WORKING TO SET MY AUTO-PILOT, Rebooting my unhealthy conditioned thoughts to a healthy natural state.

[Image: weight.png]
Quote this message in a reply
Post: #2 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 01:48 AM

Thanks, Dee! This looks Easy Cheesey!!!! Do you have any idea what the carb count is w/o the almonds and fruit?

thanks!!!
Smile

Kathy in Texas
LCing is no longer a temporary fix, it's my way of life! Wink

Post: #3 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 10:48 AM

How much Da Vinci syrup?

My sites:
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
In the Kitchen with Linda Blog
Post: #4 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 11:15 AM

Expert Low-Carber

sorry....it's 1/4 c. of davinici syrup. Not sure exactly what the carb count would be...but it would be 1T of davinci syrup and 2 oz of cream cheese per serving. I'd say minimal, possibly 1-2 carbs per serving. (that would be minus the berries too....I didn't use berries).

I've decided that the almonds really didn't add that much as far as the taste, etc, but made a very presentable dish, once it was turned over onto the serving platter.

The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.

WORKING TO SET MY AUTO-PILOT, Rebooting my unhealthy conditioned thoughts to a healthy natural state.

Post: #5 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 11:16 AM

Expert Low-Carber

I'm sure there are some better recipes out there, but this was quick, easy, ingredients on hand, which fits the bill perfectly for me.

I still need to try jimmy's cheesecake.

Post: #6 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 01:15 PM

Here are the counts per serving without berries or nuts:

216 Calories; 21g Fat; 6g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

If you live in Canada, the carbs would be about double due to the cream cheese having more carbs there.

My sites:
Post: #7 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 01:30 PM

Junior Low-Carber

OHHHHHI'm so going to make this! Wowzers!

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started"
Post: #8 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 01:35 PM

Expert Low-Carber

DEEDLYNN Wrote:I'm sure there are some better recipes out there, but this was quick, easy, ingredients on hand, which fits the bill perfectly for me.

HI Dee!

Jimmy's cheesecake is very good! I made some fresh whipped cream to go on top! Yum Oh! Big Grin
Post: #9 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 02:26 PM

Advanced Low-Carber

Sambezious Wrote:
DEEDLYNN Wrote:I'm sure there are some better recipes out there, but this was quick, easy, ingredients on hand, which fits the bill perfectly for me.

HI Dee!

Jimmy's cheesecake is very good! I made some fresh whipped cream to go on top! Yum Oh! Big Grin

Believe it or not, I'm going to try this one. I'll have to buy some syrup...

pfft! Chocolate of course!! (she says indignantly) Wink

THEN I'll buy Jimmy's cheesecake as a reward if I'm successful in the kitchen.

penny
"... a work in progress ..."
back to low carbing since June 2008

Post: #10 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 03:01 PM

Expert Low-Carber

Thanks for doing the calculations LindaSue...I appreciate it!!!

Post: #11 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 04:07 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2008 04:09 PM by BikiniBoundInTx.)

Thanks, Linda for the nutritional breakdown... you're the best! The 2 net carbs are for each Ramekin... not the whole recipe. Right?

Dee-- Does it take less baking time (less than 4-5 mins) when you break it down into the 4 individual Ramekins?

Thanks, Ladies!!!! Big Grin

Kathy in Texas

Post: #12 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 04:33 PM

Expert Low-Carber

Kathy,
I used 4 minutes in the microwave. Probably could have done with 3 or 3 1/2, but it was good.
Good question to Linda Sue....Based on total calories though...I'm sure it's per raemkin. DRATS. WOULDN'T THAT BE SWEET IF WE COULD EAT THE WHOLE THING FOR 2 CARBS!!!
Dee

Post: #13 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 04:49 PM

DEEDLYNN Wrote:Kathy,
I used 4 minutes in the microwave. Probably could have done with 3 or 3 1/2, but it was good.
Good question to Linda Sue....Based on total calories though...I'm sure it's per raemkin. DRATS. WOULDN'T THAT BE SWEET IF WE COULD EAT THE WHOLE THING FOR 2 CARBS!!!
Dee

Yes, Dee.... that would be Cheesecake HEAVEN!!!! Big Grin

Kathy in Texas

Post: #14 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 05:49 PM

BIKINIBOUNDINTX Wrote:Thanks, Linda for the nutritional breakdown... you're the best! The 2 net carbs are for each Ramekin... not the whole recipe. Right?
That's right. There were actually only about 7 carbs for the whole recipe but MasterCook does a bit of rounding because it only shows whole carbs, not fractions of carbs. To come up with the half carbs that I sometimes post for recipes, I manually do the math based on the whole recipe divided by the number of servings. Since low carbers are dealing with such small numbers when it comes to carbs, I like to give counts to the nearest half carb rather than round up to make an even whole number.

My sites:
Post: #15 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-05-2008 11:42 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2008 11:43 PM by BikiniBoundInTx.)

Thanks again, Lindasue! You are the Low Carb Cooking Goddess!
Are you going on the LLVLC cruise in January? If I go, I would love to meet you!
Big Grin

Kathy in Texas

Post: #16 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-06-2008 11:58 AM

BIKINIBOUNDINTX Wrote:Thanks again, Lindasue! You are the Low Carb Cooking Goddess!
Are you going on the LLVLC cruise in January? If I go, I would love to meet you!
Big Grin
I'd love to go but it costs too much. I may attend the dinner in Galveston the night before the cruise though.

My sites:
Post: #17 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-07-2008 11:29 PM

Senior Low-Carber

Ooo, gotta try this one! I do without dessert all week, except maybe sf jello, but do like something special on the weekend. This sounds perfect!

I'm with you, Dee - the white chocolate sf syrup is my favorite!

[Image: exercise.png]

Personal Challenge: I will set my weight and fitness goals in manageable increments, and achieve them, little bit by little bit.
Post: #18 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-08-2008 11:52 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2008 12:00 AM by BikiniBoundInTx.)

LindaSue Wrote:
BIKINIBOUNDINTX Wrote:Thanks again, Lindasue! You are the Low Carb Cooking Goddess!
Big Grin
I'd love to go but it costs too much. I may attend the dinner in Galveston the night before the cruise though.

Do they usually have a pre-cruise dinner the night before?
That would be fun too! I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but sure would like to! Cool

Kathy in Texas

Post: #19 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 08-09-2008 11:41 AM

BIKINIBOUNDINTX Wrote:Do they usually have a pre-cruise dinner the night before? That would be fun too! I'm not sure if I can make it yet, but sure would like to!
They're only had one cruise so far so there are no set traditions yet. I'm just assuming that they will do that again for the next cruise since those who arrive in Galveston the day before will need to eat something that night anyway.

My sites:
Post: #20 RE: Mini MIcrowave Cheesecake , 10-06-2008 12:55 AM

Newbie Low-Carber

I made this today and was good.

I didn't have any lemon syrup and just wasn't in the mood for chocolate or caramel etc. I used banana and then when I ate some I topped it with Walden Farms Strawberry Spread. It made a wonderful fruity dessert.

I cooked it in a tupperware sandwich keeper and when it cooled I cut it into 4 pieces before I tumped it out to put it in the fridge. The pieces are just the right size.

Thanks for posting this recipe!