Rating Thread Options
Joseph's Lavash Bread

[Image: lavash_bread.jpg]

LAVASH BREAD

I found this flat bread at Wal-Mart in the deli department. It's called Joseph's Lavash Bread and the price is $1.88 for four giant pieces, 9x11 inches, which would be great for making wraps or used as tortillas. A serving is half a piece. It tastes very good, as far as bread goes, with no off flavors like many low carb tortillas and breads sometimes have. I'm a little surprised that the net carbs are so low considering the ingredients so I'd use these with caution. However, when I ran the numbers from the package through the Hidden Carb Calculator, it said that there are really only 3 carbs per serving. It could be that the calories, fat or protein counts are off though. I couldn't find anything online about these and the company doesn't appear to have a website.

Ingredients: water, wheat gluten, corn starch, flax, oat fiber, whole wheat flour, oat bran, isolated soy protein, soy flour, soy oil, sesame flour, salt, sodium acid pyrophosphate, dextrose, sodium bicarbonate, calcium propionate, fumaric acid, potassium sorbate, monodigycerides, sucralose, sodium metabisulfite, yeast

1 serving = 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Quote:stilldew Oct 31 2007, 1:17pm

I ordered some of these from Netrition and find them tasty too. I took some over to a friends house and we used them to roll tuna salad in. I also crisped one in the microwave and just ate it plain like a cracker. I don't plan on ordering more because they are just too tempting to have around.

My sites:
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
In the Kitchen with Linda Blog
Quote this message in a reply

Junior Low-Carber

I use these for pizza crust on our rare pizza nights. Kids even like it.

Advanced Low-Carber

this is a staple in our house. We buy it online as I haven't found it here locally. They also make LC pita as well and it is REALLY good. We get both from Netrition. they are great for wraps, pizza, taco shells. mmmm

Blessings,
Rachel
http://www.weirdstuffinmydesk.com
Honest product, service and e-tailer reviews!
http://bittenbybooks.com - Book Review Site
Be sure to check out my Low Carb Reviews and say HI!

Joseph's is a great find for low-carbers! I eat it on a fairly regular basis and love it. I'm glad to see the mention about the pizza crust, as I was considering trying it. It makes a great bacon, egg and cheese wrap!

Ron aka "The Former Donut Junkie"

[Image: weight.png]

My Life Without Donuts Blog
My LLVLC Journal
My FaceBook Page
The Just This One Taste rationalization is the Kiss of Death to the success of your journey to healthy living! ~~Dr. Atkins

Advanced Low-Carber

cheese quesadillas! YUM
My husband will put soy nut butter and SF/LC jam on them and eat them that way sometimes. You really can do a lot with them.

Blessings,
Rachel

Junior Low-Carber

I sure wish I could eat these. I've tried but I find that eating any kind of bread or tortillas wheat, low carb or not still make me hungry way too soon. BUMMER!!
All of those creative ways to use them sound wonderful. I'll put those ideas on the back burner until I reach my goal and then I'll slowly try them again periodically on mantience and see how it goes.

Sveeta

Expert Low-Carber

They also make pitas too. I just saw them at my local WalMart last week. I use them to make sprout pitas all the time!

1 Pita has 60 calories, 2g fat, 8g carbs (4g fiber, 0g sugars), 6g protein

Sue Cool

SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION

Junior Low-Carber

I have taken these and cut them up into pieces and brushed them with melted butter and sprinkled salt on them. Baked,till crisp, and used them for tortilla chips to make nachos. I also draped 1 over a metal bowl (spray the bowl 1st) and made a taco salad bowl.
The other day, I had some in the car, and went to work after a walmart run. I was ceaving some nachos NOW!! I cut them up as usual, and deep fried them. They crisp up better in the oven though, so they hold up better from the oven after covering with cheese. Funny though, the one I fried for a taco salad got a lot crisper staying in 1 sheet than the cut up chips.
JAN

Advanced Low-Carber

I liked these but DH did not. He much prefers the pitas. The pitas are really good!
Post: #10 RE: Joseph's Lavash Bread , 05-16-2008 01:31 AM

Expert Low-Carber

I like the pitas, but haven't tried the lavash bread.

My mom & I made fajitas to stuff in the pitas. My carb loving dad said that was the first time he had ate fajitas on a graham cracker! LOL

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu

[Image: 2322504w2v5dp6jxf.png]

375/200/175

Join me on Facebook: Low Carb Ladybug
Post: #11 RE: Joseph's Lavash Bread , 05-18-2008 02:21 AM

Advanced Low-Carber

they have the exact same ingredients if I am not mistaken. one is just rolled out flat. I will have to check that. LOL the pita is YUM but so are the flats.

Blessings,
Rachel
Post: #12 RE: Joseph's Lavash Bread , 03-15-2009 03:00 AM

Advanced Low-Carber

I have not tried the lavash yet. It's sitting in my kitchen at this moment; got it last week. I love the pita bread. I stuff the crust full of cheese, put my marinara sauce on it, with Boar's head pepperoni slices, jalapenos, peppers, and cheese for a great stuffed crust pizza... sometimes I put peanut butter on them and eat it with soup.... or fill them full of scrambled eggs, salsa, sausage and cheese for mexican brkfst burritos...

Melinda Smile
Visit my website:
Recovering Fatty - My WLS Journey

Or my blog at Labrada Nutrition
I'm an official Lean Body Girl!
Post: #13 RE: Joseph's Lavash Bread , 08-19-2009 05:21 PM

(03-15-2009 03:00 AM)melsreturn Wrote:  I have not tried the lavash yet. It's sitting in my kitchen at this moment; got it last week. I love the pita bread. I stuff the crust full of cheese, put my marinara sauce on it, with Boar's head pepperoni slices, jalapenos, peppers, and cheese for a great stuffed crust pizza... sometimes I put peanut butter on them and eat it with soup.... or fill them full of scrambled eggs, salsa, sausage and cheese for mexican brkfst burritos...

Them breakfast burritos are the kind of thing that make my day!

Ron aka "The Former Donut Junkie"

My Life Without Donuts Blog
My LLVLC Journal
My FaceBook Page
The Just This One Taste rationalization is the Kiss of Death to the success of your journey to healthy living! ~~Dr. Atkins