The Official Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Forum

I love love love Starbucks! All I have to do is ask for April's drink and they know what to do

I get a Venti Americano with steamed heavy whipping cream and sugar free hazelnut/vanilla syrup. Carb count is 4-5 carbs for Venti.

When/If you go to Starbucks what do you drink?
I used to LOVE to white chocolate mocha frapuccino (spelling??)! It's totally off limits now.

One thing I like to do now for fun is.......take heavy whipping cream, add cold water to dilute, crushed ice, and SF Davinci Kahlua syrup. It tastes like a Faux Kahlua and Cream Drink! YUMMO!

I also like my Taste of San Antonio coffee at home with heavy whipping cream and splenda. I'm not a regular coffee drinker, but sometimes I feel a little deprived with LC WOE.....and it tastes good.
Just plain old black coffee.....Pike Place Roast is my new favorite.
Just bought another five pound bag to grind at home....yum
travis t
So if I go in and ask for "April's Drink" the barristas will know what I'm talking about?

Thursday nite, dh and the kids and I went to Barnes & Noble. There is a SB in the bookstore. We head over and ask for a sf mocha with heavy whipping cream instead of milk. No sf mocha. Ok, we'll take sf hazelnut with heavy whipping cream instead of milk. No sf hazelnut. Ok, we'll take sf Vanilla with heavy whipping cream instead of milk. Oh, sorry no heavy whipping cream, just whipped cream. I told dh "no wonder they are closing 600 stores!"

Dh had to walk across the street to a free standing Starbucks and order our drinks. The barrista told dh "I've never made an iced coffee with whipping cream before". This is why I'd like to know if asking for April's Drink will tell them what they need to know??

I've become a huge fan of Iced SF Hazlenut with the whole cream. It tastes almost like a milkshake.
LCMama Wrote:So if I go in and ask for "April's Drink" the barristas will know what I'm talking about?

If you ask for it at the Starbuck in Exeter, CA
You can get heavy cream at SB or are you just special???
imnojunecleaver Wrote:I love love love Starbucks! All I have to do is ask for April's drink and they know what to do

I get a Venti Americano with steamed heavy whipping cream and sugar free hazelnut/vanilla syrup. Carb count is 4-5 carbs for Venti.

When/If you go to Starbucks what do you drink?

Pretty much the same. I get cold cream and different syrups, depending on what I'm in the mood for. They have to ask what flavor I want.
Anyone can get the heavy cream
imnojunecleaver Wrote:Anyone can get the heavy cream

Hi,

Not all stores carry the heavy cream. Some carry it, others only have half and half.

Val
I didn't know my store carried it until I saw the workers making the whipped cream.
Apparently it must be the store, as per my previous post. Though, we travel quite a bit for baseball during the summer and up until Thursday night, we've never been denied whole cream. Now, our local coffee house Community Coffee, does not offer whole cream. They don't even have it in the store.
We are losing our local Starbucks The closest one will be a few miles away. Well, I guess I won't be drinking as many Americano's with gas prices so high.
Sorry to hear that "April's Drink" will soon be a thing of the past!

I'm sure that it was a great "ME" thing you enjoyed. Hey, I got it.... maybe put all the money you spent at Starbucks into a piggy bank... and save up for a new fancy, smantzzzy (sp?) Coffee Maker!!!!
Let's just say a different Starbucks location will have to learn to make April's Drink!

Ahh, man I figured up one time that if I saved all the money I spent at Starbucks in a month I'd have about 400 dollars!
I like mine simple - pretty inexpensive too - grande iced coffee with sf caramel and room for cream. I add about an oz of half and half. Heavenly on a hot day!
imnojunecleaver Wrote:Let's just say a different Starbucks location will have to learn to make April's Drink!

Ahh, man I figured up one time that if I saved all the money I spent at Starbucks in a month I'd have about 400 dollars!

ONE MONTH OF NO STARBUCKS = LLVLC CRUISE IN JANUARY!
What is the difference between whipping cream and heavy cream?

Here we just have light cream, single and double cream. Double cream has twice as much fat and calories as the regular but about the same carbs. Light has a smidge more carbs but less calories.
lynnhopes Wrote:What is the difference between whipping cream and heavy cream?

Here we just have light cream, single and double cream. Double cream has twice as much fat and calories as the regular but about the same carbs. Light has a smidge more carbs but less calories.
There's not that much difference between heavy cream and whipping cream, or at least not enough to worry about. We also have some called heavy whipping cream but they're all the same thing. I'm pretty sure that our heavy cream is about the same as your single cream. I remember that double cream was very thick compared to our heavy cream. Our cream is almost as thin as milk. I sure wish that we could get double cream over here or, even better, extra thick double cream. I could easily eat that stuff with a spoon!
LindaSue Wrote:
lynnhopes Wrote:What is the difference between whipping cream and heavy cream?

There's not that much difference between heavy cream and whipping cream, or at least not enough to worry about. We also have some called heavy whipping cream but they're all the same thing. I'm pretty sure that our heavy cream is about the same as your single cream. I remember that double cream was very thick compared to our heavy cream. Our cream is almost as thin as milk. I sure wish that we could get double cream over here or, even better, extra thick double cream. I could easily eat that stuff with a spoon!

There is also something called ultra-pasteurized whipping cream which contains more carbs.
LindaSue Wrote:I'm pretty sure that our heavy cream is about the same as your single cream. I remember that double cream was very thick compared to our heavy cream. Our cream is almost as thin as milk. I sure wish that we could get double cream over here or, even better, extra thick double cream. I could easily eat that stuff with a spoon!

Aha. That explains why people always state that they use heavy whipping cream. I thought you all just really liked double cream AKA heavy cream
Reference URL's