The Official Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Forum

Full Version: The Only Logical Way to End the Obesity Epidemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Only Logical Way to End the Obesity Epidemic
For 50 years Americans have been getting fatter because of faulty diet advice from health authorities and the government. Gary Taubes says that our high-carb, low fat is exactly the opposite of what basic science says we should be eating.
(01-30-2012 08:58 AM)tedhutchinson Wrote: [ -> ]The Only Logical Way to End the Obesity Epidemic
For 50 years Americans have been getting fatter because of faulty diet advice from health authorities and the government. Gary Taubes says that our high-carb, low fat is exactly the opposite of what basic science says we should be eating.

I absolutely agree with you - Gary Taubes is brilliant. I'm so grateful he published his work.
I totally agree. It's way past time that officials stop listening to those who have vested interests in our current eating recommendations and start looking at the actual findings in the studies. Funny how the researchers' conclusions often ignore the actual findings...and the conclusions just happen to support the current blather about eating more carbs and less fat.

What I find truly frightening is all of this stuff the first lady is putting out there about "nutrition" to fight the obesity epidemic....she's following the standard blather about more carbs, less fat, etc., and it will only make it worse. Cutting down on actual sugar isn't going to help that much is you're still ingesting the HFCS that is hidden in everything and eating large amounts of wheat and other grains (whole or not!).

I just hope the government does not decide to interfere with how we eat---if they continue to believe and follow the current incorrect ideas, then those of us who eat low-carb and who eat fats and protein will be the targeted population. Don't take my butter and heavy cream away!

Of course we know that telling someone to just eat less and exercise more isn't going to work, and Tabues explains that so very well backed up by solid science. I wonder if and when the mainstream medical culture will catch on?

It one of my soapboxes...I'll put it away for now.....

Weezy
Reference URL's