The Official Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Forum

I just finished listening to Dr. William Davis on the Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution podcast. Dr. Davis has a new book just out called
"Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health". There are 2 interviews with Dr. Davis online.
Can't wait to read it.
"Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health". There are 2 interviews with Dr. Davis online.
Can't wait to read it.
I have the book. He's on Jimmy's next podcast.
I went to buy it today, book store didn't have it. Look forward to Jimmy's next show.
I'm going to check the bookstore today and see if they have it. I listened to Jimmy's podcast, very interesting.

Most bookstores will order a book for you if they don't have it in stock. It's also available on line from Amazon (I just checked).
Here's the podcast link to my interview with Dr. Davis on Wheat Belly:
Been off wheat coming up on 2 weeks tuesday. Nothing amazing has happened, but I think it's the right choice. Gluten free food crumbles when you don't keep it in an air-tight bag.
From this comment I wonder if you are still eating a lot of processed/manufactured/commercial foods?
I've put a couple of papers that look into the ultra-processing of food.
Real food, the stuff you prepare yourself from raw ingredients, generally doesn't crumble when left out.
Dr Davis comment The majority of gluten-free foods are junk foods. link goes to his blog on the topic.
I think it's safer to forget all about those foods that look like bread/cake/biscuit/muffins/cookies and base you diet on REAL FOODS. Nom Nom Paleo enjoys eating plenty of real food.
I got the last copy of the book from Barnes & Noble yesterday. I've read the first few chapters and it is definitely a good read, and boy can I relate.
From this comment I wonder if you are still eating a lot of processed/manufactured/commercial foods?
I've put a couple of papers that look into the ultra-processing of food.
Real food, the stuff you prepare yourself from raw ingredients, generally doesn't crumble when left out.
Dr Davis comment The majority of gluten-free foods are junk foods. link goes to his blog on the topic.
I think it's safer to forget all about those foods that look like bread/cake/biscuit/muffins/cookies and base you diet on REAL FOODS. Nom Nom Paleo enjoys eating plenty of real food.
I know... My mom missed toast and pasta too much.
Emotional addiction to food is just sad. Sad, sad, sad.

People get so irrational around food. Don't take their fix away or they will get nasty!
While I agree with what you say and I'm certain that those with Alzheimer's would have a slower progression if they were to eat a coconut oil enriched high fat low carbohydrate diet ( I think if the average person started low carbing early enough it could reduce AD incidence) I'm not certain that for someone who has spent 80yrs eating high carb and become demented it is then worth trying to ensure they only eat low carb foods. Maybe if you intervene early enough while they are able to understand what you are doing and why that may be a different matter but past a certain point I think maybe you are simply being cruel and it will serve no purpose.
We all know the relationship of smoking to lung cancer. If someone with terminal lung cancer continues to smoke then is it our duty to intervene? Maybe I wouldn't buy/supply cigarettes in that scenario but I also don't think it's right to make them suffer any more than they need to.
Jean-Marc Giboux/Getty Images

On the evils of wheat
Dr. William Davis on why it is so addictive, and how shunning it will make you skinny
I got my copy of Wheat Belly from Amazon last week. I'm so busy remodeling my new place that I had to buy the audio version as well, I'm on my third listen. Great book.

People get so irrational around food. Don't take their fix away or they will get nasty!
I found when I stopped consuming wheat that I had a pretty physical addiction to it, and my withdrawal symptoms mirrored those reported by drug addicts going cold turkey, although they were not as severe. Remembering that keeps me from ever wanting to eat it again.
Same thing here. When I cut the wheat out I experienced what I can only explain as withdraw. The low carb flu as it is called.
I'm over it now and can't see ever going back that crack, not even tempted.
I've seen first hand what it can do to you. I lost my wife to it.
See my blog for more information on my motivation to stay off junk food.
I haven't eaten any wheat in years and it has not affected my weight at all. Of course, when I lost my weight doing low carb, was when I stopped eating wheat. Abstaining from wheat does not help with that last 20 pounds. That is just not coming off. It will, however, increase my weight if I indulge.
I didn't notice having any withdrawal symptoms when I gave up wheat for the LC WOE. I couldn't even think of any way my body felt different since I stopped eating wheat until one day I noticed a long forgotten and unused bottle of Pepcid AC in my desk drawer. No more acid reflux!
i just want to loss m belly fat, so what should i have to do for it???
please tell me guys, thanks....
You can't target areas for weight loss, you have to lose all over.
You can exercise certain muscle groups to tone up.
I've lost 145 pounds in the past 21 months.
The way I did it? Simple, put out the junk, that is all sugars, starches, wheat, and simple carbs. Eat lost of fat, meat, and leafy greens.
Read about my journey on my blog.
Wheat Belly Weight Loss - My Journey
64gmpcmiller lost about 45 lbs in 3.5 months following the nutritional lifestyle outlined in the book Wheat Belly. It has been amazing! See me now along with some "before" pics. The Wheat Belly program is a game-changer!

Remember this isn't just a DIET, it's a lifestyle changes.
Not returning to eating wheat/caloric sweeteners prevents the weight regain so typical of other diet/weight loss plans.
Reference URL's