Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Discussion

Any ingenious ways to use this product? I have a whole bottle and don't know what to do with it. Personally, I'm not a real big fan of this flavor - kinda tastes like cough syrup.
Oh, I think it tastes better than cough syrup when it is mixed with other stuff. You could try mixing it in with club soda and heavy whipping cream for a low-carb virgin margarita! YUMMY!
We make lowcarb ice cream with it. Okay dh makes it and he is not here to give me the exact recipe but we use cream, eggs, fresh rasberries, splenda, and sf rasberrie syrup. Oh my but it is delicious!!!!

I am new here by the way. When dh comes around I will try to pin down the recipe. I think it will make you very happy.
Thanks for the ideas, they sound good.
I make raspberry ice tea with it.
Deedlynn, do you use the syrup as a sweetner? I love the raspberry tea at Applebees...this sounds so good.
I made raspberry syrup with it (with thickenthin/not starch), and also used it to make sweet flax crackers. It was pretty ding danged good.

You can also mix it with cream cheese and spread it on an oopsie roll for a bit of a breakfast danish.
I've mixed it with cottage cheese or yogurt, used it as a pancake syrup and poured it over low carb ice cream. Also made raspberry vinagrette.
DEEDLYNN Wrote:I make raspberry ice tea with it.
The tea is the best, it's great to help with the sweet tooth!!!
I love all flavors of the Davinci SF syrups!!
I buy them at Walmart, but the best prices seem to be on lollicup.com.
Does anyone think that these slow down their weight loss?
con Wrote:I've mixed it with cottage cheese or yogurt, used it as a pancake syrup and poured it over low carb ice cream. Also made raspberry vinagrette.

whoa!!!

That's wonderful to know, con... I looove raspberry vinaigrette and miss it for my salads... do you have a simple recipe for this or is it just a mixture of vinegar and the raspberry syrup?

Thanks for asking this question, sugarpop... now I have to buy some davinci raspberry. lol
pennypritty1 Wrote:That's wonderful to know, con... I looove raspberry vinaigrette and miss it for my salads... do you have a simple recipe for this or is it just a mixture of vinegar and the raspberry syrup?

Hey Pennypritty,
Where have you been lately? Missed ya"!!!!!
Here's a recipe:
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar (substitute 1/8-1/4 cup raspberry syrup to taste)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Shake well.
BIKINIBOUNDINTX Wrote:I love all flavors of the Davinci SF syrups!!
I buy them at Walmart, but the best prices seem to be on lollicup.com.
Does anyone think that these slow down their weight loss?

woow--that is definitely a better deal than what I was paying for at netrition.com.

Thanks for sharing that site, bikiniboundintx. I bought the strawberry, pancake syrup and the chocolate syrups. Haven't bought the raspberry yet. My weight loss has been at a virtual standstill for a few weeks now, but I don't know that it was soley the davinci. I've only used it once.
con Wrote:Hey Pennypritty,
Where have you been lately? Missed ya"!!!!!
Here's a recipe:
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar (substitute 1/8-1/4 cup raspberry syrup to taste)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Shake well.

awesome!!! Thanks, con. I hope to try this soon.

Just going through some things. I've been offline for a while but I'm still lowcarbing. haven't let that go. thus far it's the one thing that's been a constant.
Reference URL's